Preamble: This Constitution is established to promote a sound Organization. It is Intended to Encourage A Cooperative and Democratic Atmosphere for operation of the Organization.
Article I: Name
The name of this Organization shall Be: Eastern Michigan Tractor Pulling Association EMTPA
Article II: PURPOSE
The Purpose of this Organization is to:
Article III: GOALS
A Classes Must be Designated at time Dues are Paid to get points for the year
B You may change your class up to first pull of the year.
6. Member not in good Standing and Sanctions By Officers and Club Members:
First Offense ; Member will be Notified by Club Officers in Writing
Second Offense; Suspended From Pulling or $100.00 Fine
Third Offense; Suspended for one Calendar Year if voted so by 2/3 Vote of
Membership Present at Special Meeting Called by President
Article V: GOVERNMENTAL PROCEDURES
A. Governing Body
1. The Leadership of the EMTP A will be Vested in the Elected Oficers
2. The Members Shall have the Power to Amend Such By-Law as May be Necessary.
A. Must be a Member for ONE YEAR in order to make a Amend to the By-Law
3. By Law Changes can be made and Accepted Only During the Months of October
through April of Each Year. Changes must be Submitted to the Membership Prior
to the Next Month Meeting
4. Proposed Constitutional Or By-Law Changes will be Published Prior to the
regularly scheduled meeting The By-Laws Shall be Amended bya next Majority
Vote of the Members in Attendance at that Meeting
A. Once a By-Law is changed, It Cannot be Re-Submitted for One Year.
1. Voting Rights consist of All Members in good standing having dues paid for the
Year Prior to curent year to have rights to Vote , Make motions ,Run and Hold an
2. Each Member Shall have ONE VOTE
Member Must be in Attendance to VOTE .
3. Discussion Time from the Floor Shall be at the Discretion of the President
4. All Official Decisions Shall, Unless Otherwise Stated in this Constitution, Be By A
Majority Vote of the Membership and Officers and having a Voting Rights.
5. PROPOSALS need a MAJORITY VOTE TO PASS
C. OFFICERS AND THEIR DUTIES
A. Call Board and Special Meetings
B. Act as General Chairman of the Meeting
C. Act as Chief Executive Officer of the Assoc.
D. Prepare Agenda
E. Conduct Meetings under Parliamentary Laws Procedure
2. VICE PRESIDENT
A. Assist the President
B. Act as President in the Absence of President
C. Assume Temporary Responsibilities of any vacated Officers Post Until the
Vacated Post is filled by a Majority Vote of the EMTPA.
A. Keep Minutes of Meeting and make them available to all Members before or at
the Following Meeting
B. Handle all Correspondence of the meetings.
C. Maintain an Updated EMTPA membership list
A. Act as Custodian of EMTPA Funds
B. Keep Records of all Assets, Liabilities, Income, and Disbursements, Report at
C. Acknowledge all Contributions.
D. Submit an Annual Financial Statement to all Members and Officers
E. Be Responsible for all Bank Checking and Savings Accounts
F. Arrange an Audit to be Performed Before Installment of New Officers.
ARTICLE VI Meetings
A. MONTHLY MEETINGS
B. AGENDA FOR MEETING
ARTICLE VIl; Committees
1. Finance and Budget ( Treasurer)
2. Grievance and Rule Enforcement
3. Equipment Repairs and Maintenance
4. Track Set Up and Scale Operation
5. Transportation of Equipment and Sled Setup
6. Sound System Setup and Announcing
7. Registration and Lineup Sheets
8. Points Records and Awards for Winners for End of Year
9. Sled Operation and Grader Help and Pullback Equipment if needed 10.
10. Promotion and Advertising. Booking Pulls
1 1. Pedal Pullers Equipment and Classes
ARTICLE VIII; FINANCING
ARTICLE IX; Theft and / or Misappropriation of Club Property and / or Funds
Article X ADOPTION